Written Assignment: Biology and Technology in the Real World
Addresses course outcomes 1-4:
- recognize and explain how the scientific method is used to solve problems
- make observations and discriminate between scientific and pseudoscientific explanations
- weigh evidence and make decisions based on strengths and limitations of scientific knowledge and the scientific method
- use knowledge of biological principles, the scientific method, and appropriate technologies to ask relevant questions, develop hypotheses, design and conduct experiments, interpret results, and draw conclusions
1. Select one of the topics listed below (a-e).
2. Find at least three reliable information sources related to your chosen topic. You are encouraged to use the UMUC library in your search: https://libguides.umgc.edu/science .
3. Write a paper with title page, introduction, several paragraphs addressing the questions,
BMGT 365 Team Deliverable #3 – Succession Planning for Biotech – Part Two
BMGT 365 – Team Deliverable #3 – Succession Planning for Biotech – Part Two
NOTE: All submitted work is to be your team’s original work. You may not use any work from another student, the Internet or an online clearinghouse. You are expected to understand the Academic Dishonesty and
IFSM 304 – Assignment Paper B: a matrix mapping of a key IT-related organizational (or personal) ethical issue concerning privacy and organizational policy designed to correct the ethical issue
The first step of this assignment is an opportunity to analyze a key IT-related organizational (or personal, if you are not in the job force) ethical issue, related to privacy, subject
IFSM 304 – Assignment Paper A Application of a decision making framework to an IT-related ethical issue.
This assignment is an opportunity to explore and apply a decision making framework to an IT-related ethical issue. A framework provides a methodical and systematic approach for decision making. UMGC Module 2 – Methods of Ethical Analysis (see LEO Content – Readings
IFSM 304 Assignment – Current Events
Paper CE: Analysis of a Current Events article.
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze a current events article (i.e., only one) that you may choose from any online current periodical, trade magazine, or other electronic publication about a global digital ethical issue. While this assignment will increase your knowledge in that
Maryland Technology Consultants, Inc. Maryland Technology Consultants (MTC) is a successful Information Technology consulting firm that utilizes proven IT and management methodologies to achieve measurable results for its customers. Its customer base includes small to mid-tier businesses, non-profit organizations and governmental agencies at the local, state and federal levels. MTC feels strongly
Stage 1: Strategic Use of Technology
Before you begin work on this assignment, be sure you have read the Case Study on Maryland Technology Consultants (MTC). MTC is a fictional company created for IFSM 300’s Case Study. It is also recommended that you review the additional Stages (2, 3 and 4) as well as the vendor brochure provided for Stage 4. This will help you understand the overall
LDR504 Week 2 Discussion and Research paper
In this module you will complete the following:
- Your discussion post, including your responses to your classmates must be substantial and rich in content (A minimum of 250 words is substantial).
- Posts like “I agree with that” or “that is right” are not substantial and points will be deducted for those types of responses.
- You are required to include a minimum of 3 peer reviewed references for your initial post.
- Your initial post must be posted no later than Wednesday of each week.
- You must have a minimum of 2 additional response posts to your classmates spread throughout the week.
- You must have a minimum of 3 posts which includes your initial post, spread over a minimum of 3 days.
Discussion Question: Explain what theory X and theory Y is and answer the question about Joe. Joe thinks that his workers hate their job and only come to work to earn their paychecks. However, he is satisfied with their creativity and imagination when they work on projects. Is Joe a typical Theory X manager? Please explain
Efficiently Searching In-Memory Sorted Arrays Revenge of the Interpolation Search?
(i) what is the problem
(ii) why it is important
(iii) why is it hard
(iv) why older approaches are not enough
(v) what is key idea and why it works (a list of at least three key points):
(vi) what might be missing and how can we improve this idea (a list of at least three key points):
(vi) an evaluation as to whether the
Assignment #3 – Create a multi-tiered performance-based compensation system
This assignment relates to the following Course Learning Requirements:
CLR12 — Compare employee compensation and benefits
Objective of this Assignment: To compare and contrast, as well as apply a deliberate and clear approach to planning and adopting a competitive, transparent and effective performance-based compensation system.
For this assignment, read the following scenario: